The vibe here is a vision of the surfing life but with luxurious touches. The communal living room is made homey by delicious smelling candles, evocative coffee table books, and framed photographs. Rooms are stylish and comfortable with buttery soft bedding and neutral tones, and the chic rooftop restaurant and bar provide a base where you might while away the whole day with a book and artisanal cocktails. The hotel is quite compact but each space has been lovingly thought out. Posters with surf-minded pledges such as ‘Pray for Surf’ remind you that the breaks here are among the best in the world.
The 20 rooms at The Surfrider are chic and comfortable with wooden cube bedframes showcasing fluffy white beds. There is a lovely use of a white and natural palatte combined with hardwood teak floors, sand coloured rugs and beige linen-covered sofas that give one the feeling of staying in a stylish but laid-back beach home. A particluar perk is the Grown Alchemist toiletries. The rooms with ocean-view terraces are worth the splurge, but be sure to book well in advance.
The property’s rooftop bar and restaurant is a real draw and is only open to hotel guests. It’s the perfect spot to have a sunset cocktail by the fire pit or to read a book overlooking the sea. The food is delicious with an emphasis on local and healthy ingredients including an ‘Earth Bowl’ with hummus, quinoa, shaved Brussels sprouts, pickled cranberries, roasted squash, avocado, toasted pumpkin seeds, shaved manchego and seared tuna or pulled pork tacos.
Breakfasts ranges from bircher muesli with oats, goji berries, blueberries, sunflower seeds, coconut, chia seeds, mixed nuts, alongside coconut yogurt, organic fruit and an ‘avocado smash’ with sunflower seeds, pea shoots, meyer lemon oil and Big Sur salt blended on toasted sourdough.
- Roof Deck & Bar
- Complimentary Mini Coopers available in partnership with Mini Cooper and subject to availability
- Grown Alchemist Organic Skincare Products
- Minibar Stocked With Local Californian Snacks & Drinks
- Beach Amenities; Umbrellas, Beach Towels & Sunscreen
- Custom Surfboards By Local Shaper Wax Surf Co
- Wetsuits for rent
- Surfboard & Wetsuit Storage
- Heated Outdoor Shower
- Complimentary Wifi Throughout
- Lobby Boutique With Locally Curated Essentials
- Local Art Program Throughout
- Surf Safaris, Picnics, Hiking Adventures & The Like All Available On Request
- Electric Car Charging Stations
- Bellino Linens
- Library & Lounge
- Check In 3pm, Check Out 11am